Thursday, February 7, 2008

We got to see the Great Bubbha...

Today, Dave and I went to a little village called Hase in the town of Kamakura. This is were the Great Buddha is sitting. I have to say, it is a very spiritual place. This was our first train ride in Japan. What a confusing thing at first. We found our way with no problems. At the end of our trip, after shopping in the town of Kamakura we got hungry. I have to say it is very hard to find something to eat when you can not read the menu. Some Japanese women lead us into a resturant to eat. She kept saying, "We have english menu!". What a great thing to hear when you feel like you could chew your own knuckles off. I had a pizza and Dave had chicken and rice with an egg broken over the top of it. A lot of the pizza's here consist of tomato, egg, mayonaise, meat and cheese. I was pretty luck to find a somewhat normal pizza today. Here are some pictures of our day:


The drink is called Calpis (pronounced: cal-piss) funny!









....Don't even ask, I waited until I got home! Yes, this is the womens toliet!

No comments: